Monday, May 24, 2010

How do I enter the radio code on a 1990 Jetta?

I have the code (I think). The radio I believe is an SCS VWofA factory radio that displays code. What is the key sequence before and after I enter the code?

How do I enter the radio code on a 1990 Jetta?
switch radio on......push and hold the am/fm button and then push and hold the scan button....thre displays will pop up on the screen one after another...when the screen is clear enter each number sequentially using the first four station preset buttons.....you push each button the number of times that coincides with the code...in other words if the first number is 3 you would push the first preset button three times and so on....after you enter the fourth number using the fourth button


you once again push and hold the am/fm button and then push and hold the scan button...hold the button until SAFE appears and then the radio beging to work...you can only try it three times before the radio will lock up completely so if you don't get it in the second try...do not try it again until you are SURE you are doing it right


No comments:

Post a Comment